In general I don’t like to install a lot of plugins on my browser but there are a few exceptions to this rule like:
- Advanced Rest Client
- Picasa and
CashBackMint makes it quicker and easier to get cash-back from online stores without having to go through extra steps. Since I shop at online stores a lot, it was a no-brainer addition to my browser. CashBackMint saves you from making extra hops before you make your purchase, it automatically detects if the online store you are at is eligible for cashback and provides visible cues to the user.
In addition to this, the plugin also offers a $10 sign up bonus which makes the deal even better. Who doesn’t love free money?
Steps to Activate CashBackMint
- Download the extension from here.
- Once installed click on the icon in the toolbar and enter your email address.
- An activation code will be sent to your email. Once you get the code enter it here
- After your activation code is accepted you will see a screen like this
- You will also need a PayPal account to receive the cashback and to setup that you will need to go to the Settings tab in the popup.
How do I know if I will get cash back at an online store
If you have CashBackMint plugin installed and activated, the icon will change colors to inform you whether your purchase will be eligible for cashback or not. CashBackMint has support for over 30,000 merchants and still counting.
Keep an eye on the icon to make sure your purchase will be eligible for cashback.
For the moment, the CashBackMint plugin is only available for Google Chrome browser only. If you use Chrome and you want an embarrassingly simple way to save money on your online purchase, then CashBackMint extension is worth a try.